I sometimes wonder what my children are thinking. Okay, I ALWAYS wonder what my children are thinking.
We went on a family bike ride the other day. By that I mean, Jes and I rode bikes, and the twins rode in a trailer, and Annie rode in the baby bike seat. Matthew rode a scooter. Because, to quote him, "the bike is not fast. it is stupid." Who can argue with that logic.
So, a bike ride... sounds like fun, right?
Hardy. Har. Har.
Halfway home Matthew repeatedly falls on the grass beside the road, purposefully, and begins a long rant about the stupidity of scooters. We tried to leave him behind at a friends house to pick him up later, but they weren't home.
So, Jes went "the long way", and I took the "shortcut" with Matthew. Why do the moms always get stuck doing the most annoying job available? Matthew continued to give speeches about the perils/stupidity/lack of fun of walks/bikerides/life in general? to me all along the way. When we were nearing the pond by our home, we encountered Jes, who had circled around to meet us with the twins-- wailing "MOOOOOOMMMMAAAAA!" Because, apparently, the second I was out of their sight, they began to wail my name uncontrollably. I'm so popular.
So, yeah, Matthew ranted, fell, and complained all the way home, and you could hear the twins for miles around wailing-- it was the end of a long day-- but, oh man-- silence is indeed golden.
What can I say, the family bike ride. Its an adventure, but not necessarily a fun one. That's up to the kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment