Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I love the explanations

Matthew listening to Blue October "Into the Ocean"
"Mom, I like this song.
It's a rock in the middle of the ocean.
And he falls off.
And he falls into the water.
And then he goes under."
Exactly right.

(And a side note: thanks to my friend Amber for not thinking I was crazy because this song made me cry. It's true. It was a really long day, and I wished that I could jump into the ocean that day.)

1 comment:

amberd. said...

Blue October is good at making people cry. I've cried to a lot of Blue October songs. But....alas! I do not relate to them as much anymore. Which is a good thing I suppose. However, I REALLY relate to Death Cab for Cutie these days. Maybe I'm just really going in a circle and not really progressing at all.

hehehe