Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Why DO the English teach their children how to speak?

I am happy to report that I am the mother of an extremely smart and curious boy. It was only at about 3 o'clock today, after I answered to the call of "Mom, mom.." for what seemed like the millionth time that I felt like I would like my child to stop speaking to me. You know, just temporarily, like an hour would do. Just an hour. Two movie quotes come to mind:
"I should have never encouraged you to speak."
"She beats her chest and cries "Benedick! God give me patience!"

2 comments:

Steph said...

OMG! This is exactly how I feel with my 3 year old!!!! Some days he drives me absolutely bonkers!

Fab Five said...

Oh the conversations we'll have when I finally get down there. Until then, God give us both patience!