Saturday, August 1, 2009

Evelyn, Evelyn, Evelyn.. (shakes head)

 

Have I mentioned how much I love this wild little person! She has no fear. She climbs on everything--EVERYTHING. My kitchen chairs remain on the table out of her reach at all times, until it becomes necessary for us to sit on one of them, and then we only get the required amount of chairs down. No, really, because if you leave the room with the chairs down, she will be up on the table in an instant. The other day, Matthew finished lunch and she climbed onto his chair, onto the table, and then up on the chair which was upon the table. So she was literally like 5 feet off the ground, jumping up and down with excitement on the highest point she could reach. I'm telling you, I'm doing everything in my power to keep this girl out of the emergency room, and she's still one step ahead of me. The other day, she moved a chair and used a pillow to triangulate a climb onto the top of my piano! yikes!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anna said...

Owen is the same way (and always has been, sorry to say it doesn't get better)...he scales everything from the kitchen cabinets, the piano to moving boxes stacked almost as tall as me...needless to say he bumps his head and has more ouchies than the other two ever had :)

Natalie Tidwell said...

hmmm sounds familiar. you gotta love "wild things"!