What do you think about this lady? Crazy crazy crazy. The ethical debates here are endless. AY YI YI! Honestly, I don't know what to think about this. What do you think? I'm curious.
Having been through in-vitro myself, I actually find the Doctor who did the implanting almost more irresponsible than the mother. I'm sure he'll get his license suspended, and rightfully so. I can't believe he implanted 6 embryos. That is just plain unethical and I am so grateful to know that I had really good doctors compared to this loon.
The controversy sparked by this is so interesting. Even adamant feminists who don't want any controls over any womans body, in any circumstances, want controls in situations like this. This woman is not the Duggers, and she ain't Jon & Kate Plus Eight. She has no job, she has no husband, she has no income and said she is planning on living off of student loans.
Did you watch the Dateline interview? Student loans? who will be watching these children while you are at school? Who will be paying for all of their clothes, food, etc. We spent about 2-400 a month on the twins for formula and diapers when they were small. That was in a home that has income. Multiply that by 4. Sorry, but student loans won't cover your diapers lady, you are living in a fantasy land. (shakes head and sighs.) Delusional. My ultimate conclusion is that if you follow Heavenly Father's plan and have a father and a stable family relationship you avoid all of these unnecessary grey areas. I just pray that some nice church in her area shows up with all of the little old ladies to help her, because she's going to need it!
4 comments:
I thought of you while I was watching this interview, two against 8!!! She does seem a little out of reality, and I hope that people will step in and help even though I have heard that some donations are holding back.
i watched the last 24 min of the interview and wished i had seen the whole thing, but man, i heard enough to know that this was crazy! i totally agree with you that the doctor is more to blame. but she said she had 6 implanted for each pregnancy! hello doctor! how did she afford these in vitro babies? and they all have the same father, or excuse me, sperm donor? what the? obviously someone she knows..anyway, WOW, is all i have to say! Good luck lady!
I think you said it best the other week when you said to be Jon and Kate plus eight, you need a JON! I almost wanted to rewind the interview and count how many times she said: me and I. She is nutty and I am convinced that she is trying to be Angelina Jolie. I really do hope that someone takes pity on her and her kids.
I love me some wissa ranting.
Post a Comment