Monday, January 5, 2009

random thoughts...

1. Who created this rule that bad things always happen in 3's? I'd like to kick that person. This year, I had a couple of really hard things going on. One of which was so intensely personal and awful that a total of 4 people on the earth know anything remotely detailed about it. Nevertheless, life being what it is, it was the third one, a most unpleasant happening on top of the other two, that put me over the edge. I think we should abolish this rule. It's like, the "kick 'em while they're down" rule. Its one of those ridiculous rules of life that just keeps happening, so it keeps being true. Ridiculous. I herefore ban this rule from my life! (HA HA HA! well, a girl can dream!)

2. My child can name nearly every pharoah in Egyptian history, historical Egyptian landmarks, tell all about Tutankhamen, and yet, when I ask him to stop crinkling a bag of baby wipes during Sacrament Meeting, he looks at me, and in all seriousness asks, "What does STOP mean?"

3. I get ridiculous songs that I hate stuck in my head. Like, the other day, I had "If you like it, then you shoulddah put a ring on it!" (and the impulse to wag my finger whilst singing it!)running through my head all day. (AAAK! maybe I shouldn't have written this, it's started again! HELP!) I don't like Beyonce, Mariah, or Fergie, yet, if I hear one of their songs, my brain automatically sings it back all day. Does this ever happen to you?

4. Why can't anyone make a pair of maternity pants that fit? I have literally only ever owned 1 pair of pants that fit me while I was pregnant, and those were work pants, polyester with a cuff, and they went all the way up to my armpits, which, apparently, is the only style I can wear without them falling down all day. Somebody, please tell me where to find pants that fit! I feel like I'm constantly hiking my pants all day long, and they are sliding off of me flashing my underwears for all the world to see! Yikes!

4 comments:

Welch Mom said...

O.k. I discovered them, I mean the maternity pants. They are called Secret Belly Fit from MimiMaternity and they are the best ever! I found them at the end of my pregnancy with Grant and I get a rock hard belly so it is almost impossible for my pants to stay up. These pants are comfortable when you are small and when you are big, and after the baby. They have no lines at all, which I hate and they stay up. I bought a few pairs even at the end of the pregnancy and might just throw out all the others next time to get these. You will love them!It is like a big stretchy sleeve on your belly.

The Fife's said...

I love those type of pants, I think people just don't think they are cool, so they won't wear them, but why would you want your pants falling down all the time.

Did you hear Matthew ask Grandpa to tell him something about Egypt? What a funny kid.

I hope I am one of the four that knows, otherwise I will feel bad!!! I sure do you love you and wish we lived closer.

amberd. said...

you make me giggle melissa. I sing that ring on it song too. it drives me batty! another one i hate is pInk's man hater song. I HATE that song. Yet i know every lyric. bluck.

sorry bout the britches woman. i here ya. and im with amanda...mimi is the only way to go. i discovered that one with baby number 3 and it was a heaven send. i'd send them to ya but i lent them to a girl who never gave them back. guess they were a heaven send to her to. and they better be...they cost me 70 dolllas.

seriously annoying. but i plan on no more babies...so im not too broken up about the matter.

basically, i love you. you are humorous and i miss you.

wit that, i bid you farewell...im tired and I too have had major drama happen in my life as of late. We'll catch up real soon.

oh...and am I one of the 4? Just checking on my level of importance.

muah - ams

melissa said...

i plead the fifth about who the four people are. sufficeth to say the list is small and two of us are jes and I, that doesn't leave a lot of extra room...i can't share everything people!!! :)