
After 20 years of being told I'm infertile, 9 years of marriage with no luck, 3 invitro tries, 2 successes, 3 babies and an untold amount of money spent on drugs and treatment, I found out 2 weeks ago that I am between 6-8 weeks pregnant. I've been sick since the 3rd week of July, caught every cold and random bug going around, been exhausted, my stomach has been bothering me, I've been very emotional, and here I thought I had an ovarian cyst or maybe post pardum depression! I was laying on the couch with no energy and here I thought it was me being depressed! That I had no energy because I was mentally and physically exhausted from the twins. Wrong.
Nope. Pregnant. Preggo My Eggo! Good Grief Charlie Brown. I never would have believed it in a million years if I didn't see it for myself. I went to the doctor to get meds, like maybe some Prozac, and some Zantac, and have them check for a cyst, and I figured, heck, I'll just pee in a cup to make sure they know without a doubt that they can give me whatever medicine I want, right? Right. The PA walks in and says, "CONGRATULATIONS!" I nearly fell off the table. I said, (as I cried)," I CAN'T be pregnant! I have 8 MONTH OLD TWINS!!!"
We are still in a bit of shock 2 weeks later. Jes is his usual self, completely freaked out and starting to push his luck with my patience. I'm adjusting, but at least I know the source of my heartburn. In retrospect, maybe I should have figured it out, but you know, when you KNOW you can't get pregnant, you take it off the list of options. So, let this be a lesson to you...Never Say Never! Heavenly Father is in charge, and his sense of humor is wry and wrought with suprises!
15 comments:
:)
my children up in heaven are all very glad to have another smith cousin
after the shock and after talking to you...Congrats!!!It will be Alright! you will see!
Love ya
Congrats!! and good luck :)
Wow! Congrats! What a shocker. Hopefully it will get better in your second trimester...before the real storm hits (when he/she is born =). Kidding. It will be fine and you'll be great with a cute family of 4 kiddies! How exciting!!!
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't beleive it!!! Congrats, Melissa. That is just absolutely amazing. I'm so happy for you. What a miracle! Keep us updated!
well....I'm a wee bit behind in the commenting part of all of this....(because I KNEW before the rest of the friends! lol! I feel very priveledge you know. hehe) But hey...just wanted to tell you I love you and hang in there babe. Life certainly takes us for twists and turns doesn't it? Love your guts! (should i mention to everyone that despite my shock....I still fell over in complete hysterics!) te he!
Wow. That's shocking!! Congratulations!!
WOW!! How exciting--and probably a little scary! I am so happy for you. Doesn't Jes know not to test the patience of a Lucas woman?
I am still in awe!! I am very excited for you.
Wow! He does have a wry sense of humor indeed. I am really happy for you...what a shock!
Even though we've discussed this a couple of times already, I feel compelled to comment. :) I love you tons and I'm so happy I'll be around to help this time.
p.s. Thanks again for Saturday. It was fabulous!
Hi- I am one of Tami's friends and have heard lots about you! CONGRATS!! SO true! HE really is in charge! WOW! SO neat!
Wow Melissa!!! Congratulations! I know you can do it. Your family is so beautiful.
Wow, Melissa..... I linked from Tami's blog and can't believe the exciting but crazy news. You really have an absolutely beautiful little family! You'll definatley have your hands even more full than they already are. Life is so unpredictable. Congrats!
congrats! you will have your hands full!! and that's great..another girl..since they'll be so close to the twins, that's just perfect! It'll be like triplets..hehehe!!! How fun! I've always thought Heavenly Father has a sense of humor when I couldn't STOP getting pregnant. That's exciting!!!
Post a Comment