Sunday, August 31, 2008

what a wonderful world

 


So, I try to teach Matthew to love and appreciate the world that we live in, and I want him to be able to travel and see the world. It was such an eye-opener for me, that I feel it is almost a necessary right of passage and couldn't do anything but help my kids appreciate what they have and what Heavenly Father has created. So, we bought these awesome cards with world monuments from Target for $1. I love those dollar bins, I tell ya. These cards are actually really fun to look at, and I am learning a ton. Matthews favorite card is the Pyramids of Giza, of course. Mine, I don't know, I've always wanted to go to the Taj Mahal, so that's probably mine. So, just for fun, I laid out all the cards for the places I've been. Most, are in the U.S., but a few are in Europe. It's my goal for my kids to be able to do the same some day! Maybe I'll even get to add Australia to mine!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lorena said...

what a great idea!! I love to travel and learn about new places!! I think it is because of my background. Let me tell you, the trip to the Greek Isles, a once on a lifetime trip! Amazing!