Saturday, July 12, 2008

Worlds Colliding and Amber's long flowing locks......


Okay, so when we moved to our house and into the friendliest ward EVER--Ft. Apache Ward, we quickly made friends with Nicole and Gregg Benson. What can I say? We bonded with them over parenting 3 year old boys and our secret love of collecting all the little tiny "star wars guys" that our kids play with! (Hey, those toys are cute--and sturdy. My fav is little tiny yoda.) But I digress... So Greg has a blog, and his wife Nicole reads my blog, and so one day, Greg happened to notice a name on my blog that sounded vaguely familiar... That name? Amber Dahle. Yes, folks, that's right--my dear old Amber Dahle. Turns out Gregg knew her on his mission, and then saw her at BYU when she was married to one Craig Dahle. Wow people, what a small mormon world we live in! Too bad Amber didn't stay for Sunday school when she visited my ward, I bet they would have run into each other! HA!

Anyway, Gregg brought this picture over to my house to show me and I had to post it. Gregg is on the left, and I think we all know the lady in the middle. Gregg: you look so young and your hair has that cool 90's missionary do. Sweet. Amber: I love your long flowing locks! Ahhh youth.

5 comments:

Deanne said...

Wow! That is too funny. I didn't really pay much attention to your title, but when I saw the picture I thought, "that looks like Amber Dahle...oh well, it must just be someone else Melissa knows." After I actually read the post I had to scroll back up to admire the picture further. Love the long locks too, Amber! =)

Anonymous said...

Ahh the memories...the hair I mean. Hi Amber. Small world. You are right about everything you have said about Melissa on this blog. Her family is great, kids are cute, they're extremely friendly...but I still don't know what it's like to "slip into bed" with Jess. Maybe someday.

amberd. said...

Gregg Benson! Son of a gun! How the heck are ya? (Wissa...you ARE ok with letting us chat via your blog right? lol!) I swear...I was sitting in Wissa's ward a few weeks back thinking..."it would be dang funny if I ran into Gregg Benson in Las Vegas." Unbeknownst to me....you were in the same dang room as me! Wo!

Ok...so I shall be posting my own little sphill about this photo displayed upon one: Mosey Smith's Blog. Oh yes friend....I've got something really funny to show you. So check my blog real soon ya here? I will add your blog to my blog roll as I've already spent some time on their today. You're spiritual....who'd have guessed? lol! I need spirituaity in my life....indeed.

Next time I come for a visit...(Christmas perhaps) I shall come to visit your nice little family!

An email perhaps? You should defintely pass on an email.

Oh...and this is what it's like to slip into bed with Jess Smith.

Uh uhm....

-First...it has to be around 1:30 am.

Second....Wife, one Melissa Smith MUST be with you.

Third....you tiptoe in very quietly. You crawl on top of the bed and hover slightly over Jess Smiths face. Then you shake Jess Smith lightly and say...."hellloooo Jess Smith."

What happens next may be too much for you.... so beware.

Jess Smith wakes up, he is REALLY groggy and can't focus well. At first, he MAY think you are Melissa Smith trying to get lucky. Aaaah! But no such luck! It is one - AMBER DAHLE!! One of, (yes indeed) Jess Smiths VERY favorite people on the planet!! Helllooooo!!

So....Jess Smith MAY grab you and wrap his arms around you and roll you across the bed...then he may growl the words "rawr" while doing the rolling. Jess then may release you while all present in the room look on with awkward silence. uh hum...

lol! Actually - we all laughed. I love the guy. We are the best of friends...AND I'm like the Smith Family personal design assistant. Trust me...these two have opinions...and I am the arbiter of those opinions. At least with design. They should use me more often with other things....because I am very very wise. hehehehe

Oh boy - again Wissa Smith - I love you to pieces! Thanks for plastering my 17 year old mug on your blog. You'll have to read my blog to see what Sydney said about me in that photo. I just laughed and laughed.

I'm out!

-A.

Alison B said...

oh, too funny!!!!!!! great picture...and great hair amber! hahahaha!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry Melissa...one more post, then I'll stop being the wierd guy posting on the mom blog.

Thank you for the, um, lengthy description of the roll in the hay. It isn't exactly what I imagined, so maybe I'll move on to my next goal in life...nothing against Jes of course.

There is no way that I was at church the same day as you or I would have noticed. If I remember correctly, you're not someone who would hide in the corner or shy away from meeting people. I must have been in Pittsburgh suffering with my lovely kidney stone.

By the way, I'm only spiritual on my blog...since no one reads it, no one knows.

Email anytime - greggbenson@hotmail.com - it would be great to see you again and introduce you to my amazing wife and absolutely adorable Dallin and Danica.

Word