Sunday, April 13, 2008
the joy of home ownership & parenthood, and why i am soo ridiculously tired
Matthew asleep at grandmas, poor sick kiddo. My house without floors.
Here is a recap of my month:
March 2: house full of relations for baby blessing
March 3: water heater floods house. nice. move to grandma wendy's to let the house dry until thursday night.
March 4: attempt to organize house and laundry despite concrete floors and disarray.
March 5-8: stomach bug attack!
March 9-10: stomach bug cleanup
MArch 11-22: relative calm, despite "concreep" floors.
March 23: Easter
March 24: Lauren calls and says cousin Jacob has pink eye! good thing we hung out with him all day on Easter Sunday!
keep Matt home from school. Matthews eyes look red.
March 25-28: Matthew has random red eyes, cough and cold...getting worse. sleeping alot. hmmm.. is it just allergies?
March 29: Matthew is definitely sick with a cold, he is miserable. And he keeps coughing on the babies!!! aaaahhh!
March 30: Should I attempt to go to church? Matthew seems better this morning. Nope, nevermind. He just started throwing up everywhere again! So glad my kid is sick. But guess what? all the wood for my new floors is now in the house and I have to move my sick kid to grandmas so the new floor can be installed. Perfect timing.
March 31-April 3: Live at granma's again, trapped upstairs all afternoon again during piano lessons, and Matthew is still sick. poor baby. His father finally puts him on steroids after his right eye starts to swell shut and we go full force on steroids and antibiotics to try and kill this bug. It's a bacterial infection caused by irritation from allergies!! The guy who is installing our floor, and half of the valley, all have the same thing!! Crazy.
April 5&6: Jes gone all day to National Guard. Matthew still not quite back to normal. My house is a complete disaster.
April 7& 8: Matthew finally back to school. Run around like crazy person doing laundry and shopping for last minute items for our trip to CA in 1 day!! House is imploding with laundry, suitcases and very small pink socks.
April 9: Pack the car, move all the seats around, and drive out to California with small babies, praying that they will behave. They do. They are awesome and sleep THE WHOLE WAY! yay! Want to crash in Costa Mesa. Nope. Out to eat, to visit Newport Beach, and back to prep for wedding day, tomorrow.
April 10: Wedding Breakfast, 10 am. Wedding at Newport Beach temple, 3pm. Reception 7-10 pm. Dragging 3 kids around all day to each event, complete with clothing changes, feedings, trying to keep matthew from having a breakdown, and tons of pictures: wonderful and completely EXHAUSTING!
April 11: Relax at Huntington Beach all afternoon with family. Manage to keep Matthew and girls from sunburn. Jes has bright red face. HA HA! ooh, I have streaks on my forehead where I missed with the sunblock! I look truly goofy.
April 12: Pack up and drive home. Girls decide to fuss this time, but we survive!
April 13: 9 am church. enough said.
Needless to say, I wish I could sleep for a week! (and yet here I am blogging!) oh well! You know what I am going to do next? Nothing. Pure, wonderful, regularly scheduled nothing. AAAH!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Wow, I'm really tired after reading that! You deserve some much needed rest! Very jealous you went to all of my high school hang outs..newport & hunington! Brings back a flood of memories! Love it!
Post a Comment