Okay Friends, here is why I love to hear from you- I need you to laugh with me, at me, and help me when I need you-- like now. I stopped nursing in order to keep my mental health, but I am soo sad about it. And if you know me, I like to try to do it all! I like to put on the brave face and tough it out. I aspire to super-mom status, but frequently settle for plain old boring me. But, this one is a hard pill to swallow. I just have soo many conflicting emotions.
So, write me something happy about feeding babies formula will you? Write me your own nursing horror story. Just make me feel a little better --I could use it today! :)
12 comments:
Sweetheart. Just because you have two babies and two boobies, doesn't mean it is a match made in heaven. Nursing is hard enough with one hungry mouth to feed. I am surprised you went as long as you did with two. Feel proud of what you did! You go girl!!!! This will also give the men in your life a chance to help more and bond more with the girls. There is always a silver lining. Now, I am sending you a huge cyber squeeze and a pinch on the bootay! Did you get it? Good. XOXO.
I remember feeling bad about Andyn (my fourth) having to start taking formula because we were having problems. After three previous children nursing good it really bothered me and I felt such overwhelming guilt! But you know it all worked out in the end and she's happy, beautiful, vibrant, and all those other wonderful things that kids are! Hang in there!
(((hugs))). Nursing is hard with one. My hat's off to you. I know how hard guilt can be. Hang in there!
You know when you ride an airplane, and they tell you if you need the oxygen masks to put yours on first before you help others? The health and wellfare of your children is so important, but you have to remember that yours is too. I know that the decision you had to make was difficult, but it will benifit you and your family.
You are a wonderful mother, and your children will thrive under your care.
I hope I've said this right. Good luck!
Okay, here it is..I only nursed Allyson, a.k.a. Ally, for 6 weeks! That's all I could handle with 3 kids 3 and under! And she flourished just fine! I was to "out of it" to really feel guilty and honestly there is something to be said about others who can help feed the babies! Yeah to that one sister! I'm sure Matthew could help feed one so long as he doesn't put it up her nose! Anyway, Allyson is totally smart and adorable and very sociable and I don't think you'd be able to tell that she wasn't breastfed..formula all the way baby for that girl!
I wanted to nurse Cole longer and yet I had to return to work, so I tried to nurse at night and morning, it did not work. So I stopped altogether. I was sad too about it for awhile because I felt like I lost some sort of bond, but it subsided and I was fine. I think it is natural to feel that way. The good news is that Dad can help more and you get to get more sleep. That is definitely one reason to smile!!!!
Dear melissa
I had 3 babies and did NOT breastfeed any of them. It was not Natural to me so I did not do it. My Boys are perfectly healthy, active and smart. Formula is the best!!
My doctor asked me to quit because he said that he wanted me to be a good mother not a Psycho one!
Do not take guilty trips! You will see how cute and healthy and normal they will turn out!
Love you
Lorena
First of all congratulations on the twins, they are beautiful. I love nursing but I am not sure I could do it with twins. So kuddos to you for trying. Remember you have a very active little boy to chase around too! When I first had Vincent I had to give him formula because it took a few days for my milk to come in. I also gave him formula in place of my milk several times while I was still nursing because there were some days I did not produce enough milk for him. On a separate note...The other night I was putting Vincent to bed and I asked him if I should have a baby. He said, "you should have 2 babies mom". I said, "really"? To which he replied, "no, I don't want you to have a baby" Whew!!! Sometimes I wonder how much they really know. Don't get discouraged, you will still have lots of bonding time with your beautiful girls!
IT has taken me 3 kids to realize that you need to let yourself be happy so you can take care of the kids! You need to take care of yourself first. If that means stop nursing to literally stay sane and be able to get through the day, then so be it. That is what you have to do to survive. Drew was a tough baby and I"ve had a hard time. HE is now the best 7 month old in the world. HE mellowed out at around 4 months, just to let you know. I can't imagine how hard it is with twins, and I certainly cannot imagine how hard it is to nurse twins. Basically impossible if you ask me. So, if you tried, then good. But if it didn't work out for you and your family, you really cannot feel guilty. Now you can delegate to others to feed the girls while you get something else done. And in a few months they'll be able to hold their own bottles! that will be a good day! Hang in there!!! Sorry that last post was from me, not Mark, sorry for the confusion. :)
I'm impressed you went for as long as you did. I wouldn't have even tried. So now for my mission. Rachel has started chewing on everything that include me during meal time! Ouch! Also I had to leave lunch with Mike early today because I knew she was going to get hungry and on cue the screaming started and continued until I got home 15 mins later. It sure was a peaceful drive home. <sigh> I certainly would have preferred making a quick bottle.
Post a Comment