Tuesday, March 11, 2008

baby blessing

Okay, so I'm a wee bit behind...LORENA! sheesh! Anyway, since I don't have a lot of time, please enjoy the above video with lots of pics of the girls and Matthew, along with some shots of me in my pj's courtesy of my father-in-law breaking out the camera at breakfast time. Also, lots of pics of the Anderson clan from my house where we gathered after the babies were blessed. Check out my cute Grandpa- he is awesome!

Oh, and btw-- my water heater flooded my playroom and the hallway downstairs in my house, so just like my plumbing crisis prior to Christmas, I now have an Easter plumbing problem! (hmmm. perhaps this is meant to turn me to Christ and remember that material things are not important? Or just a fun test to see what I'll do!) Anyway, my house is a mess, I have no floor in part of it currently-- Matthew calls it "concreep"! And today, my babies were crying alot. Alot alot. Did anyone else have gassy babies with reflux? Any tips? Yowser, they are hard to deal with!

Sorry I'm not too articulate and fascinating these days, I'm off to slog at the dishes!

10 comments:

Cindi M said...

Yes to gassy. Yes to reflux. It is hard. Very. I used a lot of those gas drops. I'd start in the morning when there weren't any signs of problems and then continue intermittently throughout the day. Still, there'd usually be a long cry time at night (4-5 hours). I can't imagine doing it with two! Keep your chin up! Loved the video.

Aaron said...

Hi honey! Malia was a gassy girl and had reflux too. It was the strangest thing to see this little body open her little mouth and see a stream of spit up fly across the room. Her doctor called it projectile vomiting. Just know that everything she wears will be ruined. Oxyclean will appear to clean it up but if it sits for a few weeks the ugly yellow stain will appear. We used something called Kid-e-col to help a big. None of the traditional gas drops worked so I tried an herbal remedy and it seemed to help a bit. It certainly wasn't a miracle cure though. Good luck. My heart aches for you with this trial. Only moms who have dealt with it can truly understand. Love you!

Aaron said...

Sorry. I didn't proof read. Kid-e-col helps a BIT. Oh well. Try it out. It is in most health food stores.

Deanne said...

Truman had reflux. He was a horrible sleeper because of it, especially during the day. During the worst he was only napping for 15 min. before he woke up screaming and grumpy, but refused to go back to sleep. ANYWAY, the only thing that worked for him was a prescription from the doc for Zantac. Once he got that it was like night and day. Best of luck!

Welch Mom said...

I got a very smart gift from a wonderful lady when Cole was born-gas drops and she told me they would be a lifesaver and they were!(In case you forgot it was you!) Thanks again you made me a believer.
My nephew and niece both had reflux and were on Baby Zantac, it seemed to help!

kimhumpherys said...

First of all, I'm totally amazed that you put this video together with a bunch of newborns around! You're the woman! Secondly, those pics are priceless! Love it! The girls are adorable, Matthew is a handsome guy! Soo glad you live close to family to receive the support and love you need! If I lived close, I'd come take those babies from you during their crying time and let you have some rest!!

Lorena said...

I guess I'm the most unconsidered friend and the whole world! Everybody has kind words and me.. I just get in your case!!hahah! You should THANK ME!! See how cute the video end it up! CUTE! the girls are so big!
About the gas, I'm more into herbs.. so this is what I found. Take the leaves of the celary and boil them in water. Take that water and add a little bit of sugar, put in a bottle and give to the baby. It worked wonders for me.
I love you... sorry that I gave you a hard time (the result was great dough!)
Lore

melissa said...

thanks ladies! i know i'll survive it, but some days feel very very long! we've got the gas drops and the zantac, so we're working on it!it's just that fussy time of day from 4pm till oh, i don't know, maybe like 9pm or bedtime when i've got dinner dishes, tired matthew, crying fussy babies and a house full of the days mess that it is completely overwhelming!

The Fife's said...

cute video!! They are so adorable, I can't wait to see them in April. Sorry, I can't help with the colic.

Anonymous said...

I was interested to read your blog. As a parent you may be interested in being part of a university study I'm involved with. It’s about how infants and children develop. It wouldn’t take much of your time, and it’s a great way to contribute to knowledge by reporting on your own experiences. For more details go to the following address after copying it into your browser window,
www.watch4milestones.org
Best wishes, Samantha