Friday, January 18, 2008

weigh in

Today, the two little peanuts went to the doctor to get weighed. And hooray-- cheers for me and my proficient milk production,(okay,and with a little help from formula) they are fattening quite nicely--Maren is now 7lb 11oz, and Evey is now 6lb 1oz-- we were just hoping Evey would cross the 5lb mark and she hit 6! yay-- go little peanut!

While they are busy gaining weight, I have to totally brag about how good having twins was for my self-esteem. Four weeks ago, when I had these girlies, I weighed about 203-205 ish, depending on the scale-- yes, I was amazed when I creeped into the 190's, but when I crossed into the 2's I was like -wow! Since I only gained 31 lbs with Matty, gaining 70+ was wild for me. So, now, 4 weeks later I have lost 60 pounds-- 60POUNDS!!!! holy crap! I lost 25 right away at the hospital and then like every time I stepped on the scale at home, I was down another 5 pounds-- which begs the question: How much water was I actually retaining? the answer: GALLONS! So, now, I feel like a totally new woman! I am completely amazed by this transformation and it has been excellent for my self-esteem-- yay for bending over, yay for seeing my toes, yay for fitting in jeans, yay for feeling skinny-ish! It really is crazy- having twins rocks!

ps: if you are reading this and thinking how perfect I am making this sound, let me add a side note, that I am disturbingly large in the upper part of my body, so don't feel too jealous, I have just bought a bra that features as the 5th letter of the alphabet! yes, I admit it-- I have scary marilyn monroe post pregnancy curves!

4 comments:

The Fife's said...

good for you!!! I am so glad the twins are growing and doing well, I can't wait to meet them!

Shelly said...

Way to go! for all of you!

Alison B said...

you are awesome!!! congrats!!! keep up the good work!!!

The Mapuche's Mom said...

Melissa-
Your P.S. made me laugh so hard I about wet my pants! I'm glad you still have a sense of humor! Give those babies a kiss from me.
-Tawnee