Do you know the Question Man? Well, he is 4 years old, and he lives at my house. He asks questions all day long. All I can say is that I am grateful I have a college education, because I don't think that I could answer some of his questions without it. Here is a typical exchange...
Mom, what is broccoli made of?
Fiber, water and vitamins.
And what are vitamins made of?
Minerals and calcium and vitamin D (of course, I'm totally making this stuff up as I go)
And what is water made of?
Hydrogen and Oxygen
What is hydrogen and oxygen made of? ( I kid you not, we go to the atomic level here)
Atoms
what are atoms made of?
Protons and electrons
Oh.
Okay... Seriously!!!?? I feel like I have to be a nuclear scientist to answer the question "what is broccoli made of?" Good Heavens, who knew a kid could be this inquisitive. It is seriously never ending. And in an effort to not squash the learning and curiosity out of my kid, I answer questions like the following all day long:
What is 100 plus 99? 199
What does red and blue make? purple
What does S plus 7 make? you can't add numbers and letters buddy
What does red plus blue and yellow and green make? yucky brown
Mom, do you remember Anakin Skywalker? yes, i remember Anakin
Do you remember Optimus Prime? yes, he is an Autobot, those are the good guys.
Now, I kid you not, while the questions may not seem irritating to you, picture a cute 4 year old sitting on the toilet, with the door open, shouting those questions to me, while using the potty. Nice. He's multitasking already!!
4 comments:
I'm glad I'm not alone with this! Sophie's mouth never seems to stop...questions, songs, mom-mom-mom. She's a real conversationalist. ;)
Too funny. I can just picture this. I never had children that kept asking question after question. I guess I'm so good...the first answer did! ha! I do have kids that talk nonstop though...not that gets real funny. I love watching my kids grow up!
soo funny...apparently I had to know the "why" to everything and followed my mom around asking why about and to everything!
What a cutie! He is going to be the best big brother!! Is he getting excited?
Post a Comment