Thursday, November 29, 2007

Okay, Okay, I get it!

You know, when other women around me complain about being pregnant, I have to say, personally, I just never really "got it." I mean, I was tired when I was pregnant with Matthew, but I never had morning sickness, or wierd swelling, or any of a bevvy of complaints that other people "suffered" with. I never got ginormously huge, and I felt like I was pretty active the whole time that boy incubated. Simply put, I really just didn't get what all the fuss was about. Plus, with the whole in-vitro thing, I've never really sympathized with what I like to refer to as the "easy" way to get pregnant, the simple, naked way, as opposed to the month-long, laborious, expensive and room full of people watching you try to get pregnant on a monitor way that I have to go about it.
So, I have to say, as I am awake at 1 am, again, because I can't sleep, again, because my back and stomach hurt, again, that I think I get it. I get that it's uncomfortable. I get why people complain in the midst of producing a little life. Heck, you should see me try to put on pants-- now that is something truly funny to behold. I can't bend over to reach things, my motto is " If it falls down, its staying down." and if it weren't for Matthew being a helper, most of my house would be littered with random things on the floor that can't be picked up! Let's see, um, I fit in 1 pair of flip-flops, yay! If I drink too much water, I get heartburn. If I don't drink my 2 gallons of water a day, my feet swell up like balloons with little toe protrusions and I can hardly walk on them. If I lay on my back, I begin to suffocate. If I even think about going anywhere, I have to use the "potty" about 3 times before I even leave the house, and that's just for a short trip!! In short people-- this pregnancy is slowly killing me!!! I live in a state of semi-hibernation, eating, sleeping, and randomly leaving the house to drive to preschool, in an effort to merely survive the next 5-6 weeks.
So, complain on pregnant women of the world, tell me about your backaches, your heartburn, your constant potty breaks, and your mixed emotions at the happy and yet debilitating state that pregnancy puts you in-- I'm on board and ready to sympathize-- believe me--I totally get it!

5 comments:

amberd. said...

ha ha! you are so funny wissa. You just totally crack me up. My poor cute sweet little wissa is growing and can't bend over ! Aaaah!! hehehee

Alison B said...

you poor, poor little girl!!! I can't imagine how you feel. it's hard enough to be pregnant with one baby, I can't imagine having 2 in there!!! You deserve lots of chocolate.
Love,
Alison

Welch Mom said...

Well Melissa, I understand because with Cole I had the most beautiful pregnancy. This one has been different. I felt nausea for about 3 months and not one food sounded even remotely good to me. I feel bigger, more tired and definitely not as cute. I guess life changes and so one pregnancy does not make all the same.

kimhumpherys said...

i want to see a picture of your growing tummy! soo funny by the way! you definetly do deserve lots of chocolate. do you really only have a few weeks left? soo exciting..sadly, you might be sleeping less then!

The Fife's said...

Well you do have two in there, so you do have it worse then the rest of us!