Is it too late to write about Thanksgiving? Oh well. Sorry, I'm catching up. In November, my whole family, The Andersons, got together at a cabin in Brian Head for Thanksgiving weekend. Some of us came for a few days and some for just an overnight, and we had so much fun! Well, those of us who didn't get knocked out by the altitude sickness-- 9,000 feet will cause a few migraines and make a couple people throw up. For reals. I was not sick, although my children kept me up most nights, and that was a saving grace for me. I think its because I spent 3 weeks planning meals and organizing and 2 weeks packing my own familys' stuff--and I was given a reprieve from the crazy migraine thing because of all my planning. Or maybe I willed it away. Who knows. Tender mercies! We had tons of food-- and we had a Karaoke night, a family slide show and family bingo with prizes. We built snowmen, and slid on the tiny driveway hill. The kids loved it. They were so excited about the snow. I don't have pics of everyone who was there, but here are a few scenes from the weekend.

A swirling vortex of activity at the cabin.
Cute tiny people enjoying going down a very tiny sledding hill.
Me & my Sisterface.
Kellie, Grandma Wendy & Kevin
Grandma and the girls after making snowmen outside

Aunt Kellie and lovely Ella

Kayleigh doing something with a present during our Christmas exchange, and as for Wendy's eyepatch : I cannot explain this.
Shelly & Ashley going for a ride. Shelly really likes USC. hehe.
me & Annie-- she loved the snow, but her mittens kept falling off which is very upsetting
Dad & Matt "sledding" Notice Matthew is sledding without a helmet. Only because the hill was uber tiny. I'm not keen for a repeat of last years' action.
like child models, were very anxious to wear the snow boots I was attempting to pack.
I really should have a picture of Maren and Uncle Brad here, but I don't. My kids were in heaven with all their uncles. They love to be wrestled with, snuggled, teased and kept busy by my good brothers and brother-in-law. Maren, playing blocks with Uncle Brad said, "Uncle Brad, you make me so happy!" That Maren, she is good with a line!
Anyway, Thanksgiving made me very thankful for my good family. They are great! Who else will take terrible pictures of you when you sing karaoke and publish them on the internet?Who else would get your children dressed from head to toe in snow gear and take them out for a walk in the snow so you can try to take a nap? And then play with them some more all day? Who else will rescue each other on the way down from Brian Head in a blizzard? Who else would drive up to a cabin in the mountains in the snow in racing tires? in a Honda civic? That's a family to love !

2 comments:
some people like racing tires. i don't, but SOMEONE does. same person who has 3 girlfriends 3 and under. :)
Love the update, keep then coming. Maybe we will get Christmas in July!! The girls are so cute and I love how chubby Annie is.
Post a Comment