and then we realized we forgot to buy a flower for Matthew's teacher. It was teacher appreciation day. (sad face)
and then Matthew refused to do any of his 1st grade assessment testing. One hour and five words later, the writing test was done. I got the look and the talk again from his teacher about his behavior. (what i really want to write here would make a sailor blush>>)___________ head injury!
and then everyone woke up from naps and terrorized my room while i was trying to clean it. they followed behind me finding every lotion bottle and chapstick in the house, oh and pens, I forgot about pens.
and then Matthew came home from his friends house and RIPPED UP HIS BRAND NEW SCHOOL PICTURES!!! INTO A MILLION PIECES.
He said he didn't like the way his teeth looked.
OH MY FREAKING HELL!!
and then we spent an hour doing homework and work that he opted NOT to do in class.
and then we watched Yo Gabba Gabba. and now I am singing this: "SHOES! I've got a new pair of shoes! SHOES! shiny and clean they're my favorite color green, a new pair of shoes! ....(repeat) SHOES!..."
long day. I must be over tired because the part about the pictures and the teeth is lending itself to a sort of half-cry half uncontrollable laugh now. hmm. good night.
3 comments:
Sounds like a rough day. Hang in there!
I saw a card at the grocery store that reminded me of you--and me--there is an all too chipper housewife on front waiving lemons in your face and it says "when life gives you lemons..." you open the cover, she is totally haggard looking, kids junk scattered everywhere, holding a martini and then it says "don't you just want to beat the crap out of those people!" People say we'll look back on this phase of life and laugh---that's when I want to throw a lemon or two :) love you!
Oh, that sounds frustrating. Keep on running and the small little glimmers will keep you afloat. And Natalie is right sometimes we just need to throw a lemon at someone and yes it makes us feel a little bit better. You are amazing and your little triumphs of being a mom continue to amaze and inspire me. I think that you are a wonderful and dedicated Mommy!
Post a Comment