Saturday, February 28, 2009

what should we name the new baby?


We are debating baby names again. I can't have a baby in the hospital for 4 days being called "Baby A" again, like poor Evey. What to name them, what to name them. They're stuck with it their whole life you know. Its gotta be good. Classic, definitely not unisex, pretty and feminine. Hmm. I share with you our thoughts. (With the knowledge that you know that we are pretty much going to do what we want anyway, but hey, speak up now, or forever hold your peace when our kid is named after an Elven princess!)

Jes's top choices:

Eowynn
Arwen
(yes, I know they are from LOTR, at least it's not Frodo...or Galadriel (wink)


Melissa's top choices:

Carlie
Caroline
Anna
Annalise

As in:
Carlie Campbell Smith (we agree on this one mostly)
Anna Caroline Smith
Annalise Rebecca Smith
Arwen Elizabeth Smith (not too bad)
(I am putting in no option for Eowynn, sad, I know..)

10 comments:

Erin said...

I vote for Annalise. Very pretty name and has many possible shortened names. I like Arwen too cuz it kinda sounds like my name!

Steph said...

Geoff really wanted Andyn to be Arwen... I couldn't do it. It was right around the big LOTR craze... but i still think it's really pretty!

Deanne said...

I like Carlie the best.

Anna said...

I'm partial to Anna :) but I think Carlie and Annalise are both really cute.

liNdsEYloO said...

good gracious arwen???????? eowyn???? doesn't jes know EVERYOTHER girl is going to have that name nowadays?? ugh.
i like annalise. i've said this before. or carlie. that is cute, too.
no names of mythical creatures of heroines from epic novels.
(i still reserve the right to Dagny from atlas shrugged bc it is not techincally a "epic" novel. just a novel)
now this comment is a novel.

The Fife's said...

I like Carlie Campbell then everyone doesn't have to give you a hard time about Campbell even though I like it. I want to use Caroline but we could have two! Annalise is a good one as well. Good luck.

Shelly said...

I like Annalise. I agree with Erin for her reasons. Carlie's a cute name. My only negative thought with Carlie is that it's a little girl name and one day she will grow up, but then, my mom named me Rochelle and I stuck with Shelly, so who am I to say anything!

Lauren and Nate said...

I told you this the other day, but I still vote for Carlie. I love the name Annalise but it is my sisters name and I can only picture her face when I think of that name. KWIM? Whatever you choose we will love her anyway! (even if she is named after a mythical creature)I promise! :)

kimhumpherys said...

i like carlie and annalise..i have a niece named annahlise and the name is just beautiful..i love it!

Anonymous said...

I think Carlie is a really cute name. I also like Annalise Rebecca. What about Alisa Wendy?
Love, Aunt Gail