1. Any song with Chipmunk voices. Alvin, Simon and Theodore, fixtures on our car cd player at the moment.
2. Johnny Mathis. Do you know Johnny Mathis? Are you too young. Too bad if you don't. His voice is like buttah.."chestnuts roasting on an open fire..." smooth as silk. Loverly.
3. The Carpenters. Karen Carpenter sings in that perfect low lovely key where you can hit all the notes and pretend you sound as good as she does.
4. The Hallelujah Chorus. Besides the fact that Matthew wants to sing "HALLELUJAH!" at the end of all primary songs now, its just wonderful to sing, isn't it!
5. Dan Fogelberg. This, in fact, may be the only time of year where it is publicly acceptable to admit that you like Dan Fogelberg. Who is Dan Fogelberg? What? Come on, a genuine new years staple straight from the 70's "Another Auld Lang Syne" Do you know this song? Oh, I think you do. And maybe like me, you turn it up and sing along when it comes on the radio..."met my old lover in the grocery store..the snow was falling Christmas eve.." la la la. aaah. So sad, yet, so singable.
6. The Time Life Christmas collection. It is the real true aficianados collection of american Christmas tunes. You've got Bing, Burl Ives, all the great classics all together. This is Christmas music people. You can sing Noel with Josh Groban all you want, but nothing says childhood christmas like a little Holly Jolly with Burl Ives.
Well, I think that just about covers it, of course, I should give an honorable mention to the MoTab, and anything by John Rutter and the Cambridge singers. Aaah ethereal loveliness. Merry Christmas!
4 comments:
Good picks. I love Christmas music.
What about Trans Siberian Orchestra though? I love them too!
That is a really cute picture of your kids!!
I love Christmas music!! We have been listening to Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band and dancing to "rudolph" Gabrielle's favorite. Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to the girls!
Is there a pill I can take that will make me as cute as *you*
Post a Comment