Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Vault & The Worrywart

I am pretty good at keeping secrets. I am pretty good at navigating relationships. Lately, my role as the sounding board and the fixer in the family have become a little, okay well, A LOT overwhelming. Reminds me of Sleepless in Seattle: "You know that place where everything comes together? What do they call that? ...The Bermuda Triangle." Yes. I feel much like I am lost in the Bermuda Triangle. Whilst I make a very good vault (a la Seinfeld "It's locked in the vault.") My emotions apparently cannot always handle the vaulted information. It makes me anxious, it makes me fret about relationships with people and fret about their relationships with each other.

Ugh, makes my brain hurt just thinking about it.

I worry way too much. I worry about me and my nearest and dearest. I worry about family. I worry about friends. I stay up at night worried about people who aren't worried enough about themselves. So, I have decided, with the aide of my spiritual llama, to set boundaries and limits to some of my relationships. While seemingly a daunting task, my first experiment with this went quite well-- thanks motherWendy for understanding. You see, no one else wants me to be up worrying and upset either. Nice to have people love me enough to take a little heat. So hopefully, a few limits on the information streaming to my brain will keep me sane, to keep me from being "all up in everyone's business" as it were, and to keep me from hearing things that keep me up at night.

Deep breath in....aaah... exhale.

2 comments:

liNdsEYloO said...

yes for the record most of us DO worry about you worrying about us and try not to tell you worrysome things bc we know you'll worry.

how much wood would a woodchuck...

amberd. said...

hehehe. Nice spiritual Llama comment. How come I am not getting your posts up dated on my blog! This is making me mad! I get the dumb blog roll and it doesnt even work! I've been watching for your posts and here I come to your blog and there are like 50! What the?

Well friend. How is that boundries and limits coming? hehehhee. Are you doing a good job of it? lol! I am. I think. Love you....