Two days ago, I nearly jumped through the roof when I came upon a toy spider, upside down in the hallway, very unexpectedly. In my defense, it is the size of a REAL spider, except that if it had been rightside up, I don't think I would have been scared, because it is covered in glitter. So, yes, I was scared by a glittery spider. I was also scared when I randomly caught a glimpse of my Spider-Man band-aid out of the corner of my eye (it's black and on the inside of my elbow) For some unknown reason, I'm afraid of things jumping out or crawling on me lately. Maybe it was that spider in the shower the other day....
I was at the grocery store yesterday, wearing my cute glittery silver flip-flops, and one of the workers, was like, "Wow, those are some SPARKLY shoes!" "My mom would go CRAZY over those!" Hey, thanks man, really appreciate being told I'm wearing old lady shoes. Nice.
I was getting into my car at 11:30 on Sunday night, after dropping Joel off at my Mom's house, and there was a giant tomcat making its way up the street. It was striding with its mangy mane of fur right up the middle of the road like a cat who was on a mission. I'm not kidding, it had very long legs and so I noticed how unusually large it was. Since I was alone and the street was vacant, I said out loud,"That is ONE BIG CAT." AS IF ON CUE, the cat stopped, yes STOPPED, where it was in the road, and turned and LOOKED RIGHT AT ME. I couldn't see it's ears (which may be missing from a previous fight?) and so I didn't hesitate to jump right into the car and get out of there. As I drove away, I looked for it, but it had already vanished, leading me to believe that it is one stealthy, scary cat, or perhaps some demon in the shape of a cat patrolling around Peccole Ranch. OOH! SPOOKY!!!
2 comments:
the herdmans would make the garage door go up and down all day long trying to squish the cat. hehe
Oh NO! I have glittery flip-flops, too! Dang, I thought I was SO cool!--Shelley
Post a Comment