Wednesday, April 23, 2008

How smart are my friends?


My brother Todd sent this and I got it right away. It is from a pro-tibet protest with regard to China hosting the Olympics. I am curious to see if you get it. Write a response!
BTW, IMHO I think that it is a bad idea to let China host the Olympics. It basically sanctions their use of slave labor and the communist oppressive culture that provides all my cheap Wal-Mart goods. Not to mention the fact that they are the number 1 polluter on the planet, so good luck breathing, poor athletes! While I love the Olympics, I feel that if there is a hullabaloo about China hosting it (which is too late anyway) that that is a good thing. We need to stand up and say that the way they treat their own people, not to mention Tibet, is atrocious. Also, as a parent with small children, I realize that the people providing the goods I can afford to buy for my children could basically give a rats a*% if my kid gets lead poisoning, is exposed to toxins or dies from one of their toys. So that's driving me to look into the whole "china free" movement. I'll let you know how that goes...

2 comments:

liNdsEYloO said...

nazi germany DID host the olympics already... is that the catch?

melissa said...

yes, bless those poor protesters..they thought they were being so intelligent with their comparison. probably should have picked up a history book first, or at least googled it!