Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Reunion



So, two sundays ago, I found myself in Utah after a family wedding, and what do you know? I call Becky Clark and find out that the Humpherys and Clarks and Steadmans and Amber Dahle are all getting together for dinner on Sunday afternoon. Well, I couldn't drive home to Vegas without seeing everyone, so my sis-in-law Lauren and I stayed to eat roast beast with the Michigan people. It was sooo Fun to see everyone! It made me so happy to see my Clarks and cutest Karen Steadman, and of course Kim and Ben, and my lovely friend Amber Dahle. Funny how the party still never really starts until she comes in... I can't believe how big all the kids are! Minnie and CeCe were my little friends and read me a nice book about Elmo and some puppies. Then all the Humphery's kids came in and they are so darling and getting so big. And of course, the Dahle clan. Syd actually remembered me-- it took her a minute-- but then she sat on my lap and was my buddy. So cute! It really is nice to have such wonderful people in our lives isn't it? I know lots of people have friends scattered all over the place, but I really think that some connections through the gospel just seem stronger than others. We had our first babies together, we were young married couples, and some young married parents, together. We really have never duplicated and probably never will duplicate the great times and good friends from back in the good old Holt Ward. Love you guys!

6 comments:

Deanne said...

You guys look great! Wish we could have been there too. Miss you guys!

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

I wish I could have been there! The ward has never been the same since all of you left!

Welch Mom said...

Wow I want to join! Miss those people!

amberd. said...

Friend Friend Friend! I love you much! You da bomb baby! I loved seeing you and all the others. Fun how we picked up where we left off. We should do this more often!

Alison B said...

I am sooooooo JEALOUS!!!!!! I bet that was so much fun. I wish we could have been there!! We miss all the Holt Ward people, too.

kimhumpherys said...

We DID have a great time! Soo fun!! Melissa, you're the cutest preggo girl ever! I'm soo happy that I got to see you!