Thursday, August 30, 2007

Old

I know a few of my friends bought minivans long ago to cart the kids around, but I did NOT want one 4 years ago when we bought our Pilot. I loved that car. It was roomy and fancy and had all the bells and whistles, and I only had 1 kid, so why not? That was the best car ever! I say was because we are now officially in the minivan club! Once we figured out that we couldn't really fit all the kids and a double stroller in the Pilot, it was pretty much a no-brainer, but I feel like an officially official grown up old person. I am 30 and I drive a minivan, and I'm going to have 3 kids! Wow. My brain hurts. I think I'll go take a nap!

6 comments:

Steph said...

I LOVE my Toyota Sienna!!! Welcome to our side of the world!! Just a note: I think one of the page elements you can add is an actual poll. Technically, you COULD post those girls names into a poll and let everybody vote.

The Fife's said...

Yes, you are old! I was hoping for a picture. I like the name lily, but lilieth reminds me of Frasier!

Alison B said...

I LOVE my Toyota Sienna as well!!! What did you end up with, Melissa?? I can't beleive we are old enough for it, but it really is nice to have it. I'm still in shock you are having twin girls! How fun. I voted for Maren Sophia. I love that name

kimhumpherys said...

Melissa...he,he..you drive a minivan! I've been driving one for soo long that mine is now falling apart and I think my next car will be an SUV..bye, bye minivan..he,he..I guess we're trading places..when your kids grow up a little and can all get in and buckle themselves, I guess that's how you know you can drive a cool SUV..he,he..although I don't drive one yet, still my ghetto minivan!!

Paige said...

I can't believe you gave in and bought a minivan!! John and I are at 5 kids, sometimes 6 when Bitsy can join us and we have still managed to stay away!! Our latest purchase along with our SUV was a Volvo Wagon that seats 7. We love it! I'm sure you will love your van. It's great to be able to have lots of room for the family and all your gear. I am so excited about your little girls!!

melissa said...

we bought a toyota sienna as well-- i love it-- especially my two power sliding doors! and i know, i really would love an SUV still, but you try moving the seats so one kid can get out with carseat bases for 2 babies in the way-- even in my head it sounds awful. i was going to post pics of my beloved pilot to say goodbye but my camera is not working, oh well...